Date & Time
Date(s) - 07/11/2020 - 07/12/2020All Day
St Joseph County Conservation Club
Level I Rifle is designed to elevate the private citizen from novice to “rifleman.” Course is based on real world scenarios which the armed citizen may be tasked to address. We are not pretending to play “army”, and we are not training you to take on an invasion from the planet Gorkonot. We’re teaching you how to live with, and deploy, your rifle during a temporary time of civil unrest, an active murderer event, or a home invasion.
Cost is $375 per student
Please click HERE to fill out a student class sign up sheet either before or after you submit your tuition.
“Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of.” – James Madison, Federalist No. 46, January 29, 1788
-Movement in crowds
-Transition to handgun
-Mounted lights/Low light – Night shooting
…and MUCH more!
What you will need:
– Modern, reliable, functioning handgun, with a proper holster (Holster must be specifically for your make and model. Nylon/one-size-fits-all holsters are not allowed. Holster must be worn on your belt, either inside or outside the waistband. Shoulder, ankle, cross draw, and small of back holsters are NOT allowed in this class. Neither is “off body” carry.)
– Long pants with proper belt loops (Jeans or “tactical”-style pants like 5.11 brand)
– A proper belt which can hold up the weight of your holstered pistol.
– At least one carrier for your spare magazine or speedloader.
– At least on spare magazine (for auto-loading pistols), or one spare speed loader (for revolvers.) Multiple spares are highly recommended (3, or more.)
– Eye protection with side protection.
– Hearing protection (full coverage or foam ear plugs – bring both if you have it)
– A hat with a brim ( like a baseball cap)
– Sturdy footwear. (gym shoes are fine. Hiking-style boots are recommended.) NO open-toe footwear!
– A cover garment, like a vest, jacket, suit coat, or button-up shirt. We draw from concealment in this class.
– Modern, auto-loading battle rifle. e.g. AR15, AK47, .30-Carbine, FAL, SCAR, Mini-14, M1A, etc…
– At least 4 spare magazines for your rifle.
– Your rifle MUST have a sling. Single point, or two point, are recommended.
– Your rifle MUST have iron sights. “Red Dot” or holographic sights are fine, but back-up iron sights are mandatory. Optics with magnification are NOT recommended.
– Flashlight. Rifle mounted is not required, but highly recommended.
– Sight adjusting tool.
– Note taking materials.
– A folding/lawn chair.
– Your lunch, snacks and beverages. We will not be leaving the range for lunch. We will take an off-site dinner break on Saturday night.
– Anything else you need to survive the day.
For directions and logistics info contact Jeff Brazo, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Holiday Inn Express
45 750 N
Howe, IN 46746
There is also a Hampton in in Howe, as well as lodging in Three Rivers, MI – all are within 15-minutes of the range.
St, Joseph County C.C. is on EASTERN time! We start class at 9am EASTERN on Saturday. Please be 15-min early to get settled and sign waivers.