Date & Time
Date(s) - 10/07/2023 - 10/08/2023
st joseph county conservtion club
Fortress is presenting our Level II Rifle Course w/night shoot, October 7/8, 2023, at the St Joseph County Conservation Club in Sturgis, Michigan.
Picking up where Level I left off, we’ll run you through lots of one-handed shooting drills, massive uses of cover and shooting positions, transitions to pistol, support side and one-handed shooting, shooting while injured, and a night shoot full of smoke, flares, and other unique tortures to be announced on scene. This is what Americans should be doing on a regular basis – Join us!
Course Prerequisite: All students must have attended a Fortress Level I Rifle Course to participate – NO EXCEPTIONS
500-rounds of rifle ammunition, and 100 rounds of pistol ammunition, are required.
(If you’re in need of ammo, we suggest a good place to start is Super Vel. They are producing training ammo in 9mm, 45ACP, and .223 – If you join their email list they will alert you when its available)
Ages 18, and up.
Cost is $425 per student.
Easy two-step sign up:
#1 – Submit Tuition (separate payment of $425 for each attendee)
There is a NON-REFUNDABLE 3.5% processing fee when paying with credit or debit card. If you would like to avoid that possibility in case of cancellation, a check or money order may be mailed directly, along with a completed Student Sign Up Sheet, to our mailing address:
905 Joliet Street #162
Dyer, IN 46311
Checks must be received 10-days before class time. If this is a last minute sign up and you’d like to pay by check, please contact us for instructions on how to do so. 708-522-8060 firstname.lastname@example.org
#2 – Fill out a Student Sign-up Sheet.
What You Will Need:
– Modern, reliable, functioning handgun, with a proper holster (Holster must be specifically for your make and model. Nylon/one-size-fits-all holsters are not allowed. Holster must be worn on your belt, either inside or outside the waistband. Shoulder, ankle, cross draw, and small of back holsters are NOT allowed in this class. Neither is “off body” carry.)
– Long pants with proper belt loops (Jeans or “tactical”-style pants like 5.11 brand)
– A proper belt which can hold up the weight of your holstered pistol.
– At least one carrier for your spare magazine or speedloader.
– At least on spare magazine (for auto-loading pistols), or one spare speed loader (for revolvers.) Multiple spares are highly recommended (3, or more.)
– Eye protection with side protection.
– Hearing protection (full coverage or foam ear plugs – bring both if you have it)
– A hat with a brim ( like a baseball cap)
– Sturdy footwear. (gym shoes are fine. Hiking-style boots are recommended.) NO open-toe footwear!
– A cover garment, like a vest, jacket, suit coat, or button-up shirt. We draw from concealment in this class.
– Modern, auto-loading battle rifle. e.g. AR15, AK47, .30-Carbine, FAL, SCAR, Mini-14, M1A, etc…
– At least 4 spare magazines for your rifle.
– Your rifle MUST have a sling. Single point, or two point, are recommended.
– Your rifle MUST have iron sights. “Red Dot” or holographic sights are fine, but back-up iron sights are mandatory. Optics with magnification are NOT recommended.
– Flashlight. Rifle mounted is not required, but highly recommended.
– Sight adjusting tool.
– Note taking materials.
– A folding/lawn chair.
– Your lunch, snacks and beverages. We will not be leaving the range for lunch. YOU WILL ALSO NEED DINNER FOR SATURDAY NIGHT
– Anything else you need to survive the day.
– Knee pads are HIGHLY recommended for this class.
Plate carriers and chest rigs are welcome!
For directions and logistics info contact Jeff Brazo, email: email@example.com
Holiday Inn Express
45 750 N
Howe, IN 46746
There is also a Hampton Inn in Howe, as well as lodging in Three Rivers, MI – all are within 15-minutes of the range.
St. Joseph County C.C. is on EASTERN time! We start class at 9am EASTERN on Saturday. Please be 15-min early to get settled and sign waivers.
You will need a packed lunch both days, and diner on Saturday
“Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined…. The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able might have a gun.”
– Patrick Henry, Speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 5, 1778