Date & Time
Date(s) - 08/27/2023
St Joseph County Conservation Club
Fortress is offering our One Hand/Support Side Only Handgun Class on Sunday, August 27, 2023, at the St Joseph’s County Conservation Club in Sturgis, Michigan.
None of us practice shooting support side nearly enough! What seems completely academic today, can become reality tomorrow. Accidents and injury can render fingers, hands, and arms out of order, forcing the serious operator to default to support side carry. The same goes for injury at the outset of a fight. There is no guarantee our strong side arm is functioning when we need to draw our gun. Rehearsal is the only way to prepare, and the wise will do so!
This class is for alumni ONLY. You must have attended a Fortress Level I or Introduction to Defensive Handgun Class to attend.
Cost is $225 per student.
Easy two-step sign up:
#1 – Submit Tuition (separate payment of $225 for each attendee)
Click HERE for payment link for credit or debit card
There is a NON-REFUNDABLE 3.5% processing fee when paying with credit or debit card. If you would like to avoid that possibility in case of cancellation, a check or money order may be mailed directly, along with a completed Student Sign Up Sheet, to our mailing address:
905 Joliet Street #162
Dyer, IN 46311
Checks must be received 10-days before class time. If this is a last minute sign up and you’d like to pay by check, please contact us for instructions on how to do so. 708-522-8060 email@example.com
#2 – Fill out a Student Sign-up Sheet.
Click HERE to submit a student sign up sheet.
If this will be your first time training with us, we ask that you take a moment to review our Terms and Conditions for Training with Fortress page before you sign up.
What you will need:
– Modern, reliable, functioning handgun, with a proper holster (Holster must be specifically for your make and model. Nylon/one-size-fits-all holsters are not allowed. Holster must be worn on your belt, either inside or outside the waistband. Shoulder, ankle, cross draw, and small of back holsters are NOT allowed in this class. Neither is “off body” carry.) Contact us with holster questions.
– Long pants with proper belt loops (Jeans or “tactical”-style pants like 5.11 brand)
– A proper belt which can hold up the weight of your holstered pistol.
– At least one carrier for your spare magazine or speedloader.
– At least three spare magazines (for auto-loading pistols), or two spare speed loaders (for revolvers.) Multiple spares are highly recommended (3, or more.)
– If you would like to run the entire class support side, you will need a support side holster. It’s recommended you have one with even if you don’t plan on running from support side draw the entire class – you should practice carrying support side while you have the opportunity.
– 300-rounds of ammunition.
– Eye protection with side protection.
– Hearing protection (full coverage or foam ear plugs – bring both if you have it)
– A hat with a brim ( like a baseball cap)
– Sturdy footwear. (gym shoes are fine. Hiking-style boots are recommended.) NO open-toe footwear!
– A cover garment, like a vest, jacket, suit coat, or button-up shirt. We draw from concealment in this class.
– Note taking materials.
– A folding/lawn chair.
– Your lunch, snacks and beverages. We will not be leaving the range for lunch.
– Anything else you need to survive the day.
A complete list of class details will be emailed to you upon sign up.
Holiday Inn Express
45 750 N
Howe, IN 46746
There is also a Hampton Inn in Howe, as well as lodging in Three Rivers, MI – all are within 15-minutes of the range.
St. Joseph County C.C. is on EASTERN time! We start class at 9am EASTERN! Please be 15-min early.