Date & Time
Date(s) - 08/01/2020
9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Nappanee Conservation Club
Women’s 1-Day Defensive Handgun
Saturday, August 1, 2020
Nappanee Conservation Club
13960 N. Gravelton Rd
THIS CLASS IS SOLD OUT!
This is an introductory class of the novice. We start from the beginning and move at your pace through the basics all the way through holster draw and making consistent hits on demand. Our Instructors will address all of your questions with a focus on the female specific issues regarding holsters, firearms, daily carry, and defensive legalities.
Taught by women for women!
If you would like to speak with either Instructor directly:
Ages 18, and up.
We are also offering firearm rental and firearm rental w/ammunition options.
$215 for tuition and pistol (with holster) rental. Firearm will be in caliber 9mm.
$240 for tuition, pistol, and ammunition.
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 8 STUDENTS – SIGN UP TODAY!
Ammunition requirements: 200-rounds
If you are having difficulty locating ammunition, contact us. We might have a source for you, or we may be able to provide it at market price day of class.
9am – 5pm EASTERN TIME!
Topics that will be covered:
– Basic firearms safety
– Choosing a defensive firearm/sizing a gun to your hand
– Daily carry holster and off body carry options
– Dressing around your gun
– Restroom usage while armed
– Components/parts/function of a handgun
– Proper grip and stance
– Proper sight alignment
– Proper trigger operation
– Drawing from a holster
– Basic movement
– Human anatomy and defensive shooting
– Ammunition selection
– Making hits/marksmanship
– Basics of legalities involving self defense
And much more!
Class includes the opportunity to fire all handguns present so you can decide what guns work best for you!
What you will need:
– Modern, reliable, functioning handgun, with a proper holster (Holster must be specifically for your make and model. Nylon/one-size-fits-all holsters are not allowed. Holster must be worn on your belt, either inside or outside the waistband. Shoulder, ankle, cross draw, and small of back holsters are NOT allowed in this class. Neither is “off body” carry.) Contact us with holster questions.
– Long pants with proper belt loops (Jeans or “tactical”-style pants like 5.11 brand)
– A proper belt which can hold up the weight of your holstered pistol.
– At least one carrier for your spare magazine or speedloader.
– At least on spare magazine (for auto-loading pistols), or one spare speed loader (for revolvers.) Multiple spares are highly recommended (3, or more.)
– Eye protection with side protection.
– Hearing protection (full coverage or foam ear plugs – bring both if you have it)
– A hat with a brim ( like a baseball cap)
– Sturdy footwear. (gym shoes are fine. Hiking-style boots are recommended.) NO open-toe footwear!
– A cover garment, like a vest, jacket, suit coat, or button-up shirt. We draw from concealment in this class.
– Note taking materials.
– A folding/lawn chair.
– Your lunch, snacks and beverages. We will not be leaving the range for lunch.
– Anything else you need to survive the day.
A complete list of class details will be emailed to you upon sign up.
We have rental guns and holsters available – contact us with questions.
And here’s the best news: Unlike many ranges, Nappanee has INDOOR plumbing!
Reminder – Nappanee is on EASTERN TIME, we start class at 9am EST, please be early!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!