Date & Time
Date(s) - 09/17/2016
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Aurora Sportsman's Club
Women’s Introduction to Defensive Handgun
This is an introductory class of the novice. We start from the beginning and move at your pace through the basics.
Ages 18, and up.
Ammunition requirements: 150-rounds
9am – 5pm
Click button below to pay with PayPal or Credit Card:
Please click on the red “sign up for this class” button on the above right of the page to fill out a student class sign up sheet
What you will need:
– Modern, reliable, functioning handgun, with a proper holster (Holster must be specifically for your make and model. Nylon/one-size-fits-all holsters are not allowed. Holster must be worn on your belt, either inside or outside the waistband. Shoulder, ankle, cross draw, and small of back holsters are NOT allowed in this class. Neither is “off body” carry.) Contact us with holster questions.
– Long pants with proper belt loops (Jeans or “tactical”-style pants like 5.11 brand)
– A proper belt which can hold up the weight of your holstered pistol.
– At least one carrier for your spare magazine or speedloader.
– At least on spare magazine (for auto-loading pistols), or one spare speed loader (for revolvers.) Multiple spares are highly recommended (3, or more.)
– Eye protection with side protection.
– Hearing protection (full coverage or foam ear plugs – bring both if you have it)
– A hat with a brim ( like a baseball cap)
– Sturdy footwear. (gym shoes are fine. Hiking-style boots are recommended.) NO open-toe footwear!
– A cover garment, like a vest, jacket, suit coat, or button-up shirt. We draw from concealment in this class.
– Note taking materials.
– A folding/lawn chair.
– Your lunch, snacks and beverages. We will not be leaving the range for lunch.
– Anything else you need to survive the day.
We have rental guns and holsters available – contact us with questions.
Please do NOT drive on ANY grass at the ASC. All vehicles must stay on the gravel roadways or parking lots.