The Fortress flagship – the one all of our other shooting courses are built upon.
We take the student from novice to competent gunman, capable of drawing a concealed pistol and consistently hitting moving targets in a defensive situation. We attempt to provide a Fortress staff member for every 2-3 students to provide the most personal instruction experience possible. If requested, a female instructor will be available to assist any female students.
- Required student skill level: None
- Equipment required: Functional handgun, .380 caliber or larger. At least 3 magazines or speedloaders. Proper holster and magazine or speedloader carrier. Flashlight.
Rental firearms available, click here for rates.
- Ammunition requirements: 700-rounds factory ammunition.
- Duration: Two full days
Teaching Points Include:
- Gun handling and range safety
- Equipment selection and carry
- Avoidance and disengagement techniques
- Levels of force
- Sight alignment and trigger control
- Cover and concealment
- Human physiology and the relationship of shot placement
- Psychological aspects of a shooting involvement
- Hitting moving targets
- Stoppage reduction
- Hostage drills
- Flashlight techniques
“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
We will travel to you and train your group on your personal range or at a range in your locality which meets our requirements. If range facilities allow, a night shoot will be scheduled, as well.
Contact us for scheduling and pricing.
Firearms and equipment can be provided for rent with advance notice. Click here for details.
Click here for a detail list of dress and equipment requirements for this class.
Laws regarding handgun ownership and carry rights vary greatly from state-to-state and each jurisdiction has its own rules and regulations. Fortress recommends that you consult with your own state’s Attorney General’s office before purchasing any firearm, or before you attempt to carry a handgun. Many find http://handgunlaw.us/ to be a good resource, as well. Please remember that laws and statutes regarding firearms change almost daily throughout the United States; it’s up to you to know the law!