ETGW is based on military lessons from active gunfights. It differs from civilian Emergency Medical, which is based upon blunt trauma
ETGW is designed to instruct non-
- Required student skill level: Completion of the Fortress Level I Handgun Course or equivalent pistol course.
- Equipment required: Functional handgun, .380-
caliber or larger (back- up guns are recommended.) At least 3 magazines or speedloaders per gun. Proper holster and magazine/speedloader carrier. Quality lock- blade folding knife.
- Ammunition requirements: 250 rounds
- Duration: One Day
ETGW Courses are available as a non-shooting class, in both 4-hour and 2-hour versions. Non-shooting medical classes can be presented anywhere your group can gather!
- Neutralizing threats
- Accurate shot placement and human physiology
- The seven life-
- What to expect if you are shot
- What to expect from an attacker when he is shot
- Staying in the fight
- Defensive movement
- Application of the Israeli Battle Dressing
- Treatment of tension pneumothorax
- Clearing the airway
- Creating an emergency range plan
- Assembly of an emergency kit
- Live fire range drills