Picking up where Level I leaves off, Level II builds upon the basics with specific attention paid towards operating our pistols under more adverse situations.
One-handed shooting is stressed, as well as transitioning to secondary/back-up guns.
We attempt to provide a Fortress staff member for every 2-3 students to provide the most personal instruction experience possible. If requested, a female instructor will be available to assist any female students.
- Required student skill level: None
- Equipment required: Functional handgun, .380 caliber or larger. At least 3 magazines or speedloaders per gun. Proper holsters and magazine or speedloader carriers.
Use of back-up/secondary guns are highly encouraged, so bring two pistols and holsters if you have them. Contact Fortress with questions.
- Ammunition requirements: 600-rounds factory ammunition.
- Duration: Two full days
- Gun handling and range safety
- Disengagement techniques
- One-Handed Shooting
- One-Handed Reloading
- One-Handed Stoppage Reduction
- Transition to Secondary Guns
- Multiple targets
- Moving targets
- Cover vs. concealment/use of both
- Shield and Sword Draw Technique
- Resolving Hostage Situations
“How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual… as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of.”
–REP. SUZANNA GRATIA HUPP (TX)