Fortress requires you to bring the following with to all shooting courses:
- Sturdy footwear with closed toe. No sandals, flip-flops or open toed footwear is allowed. You can expect to be on your feet on uneven ground. Hiking-type boots are highly recommended.
- Long pants with strong belt loops. Jeans or BDU-type pants are preferred by the majority of our clients. They offer the best functionality and protection from the elements.
- Long sleeve shirt with closed neck. Open-necked, v-neck or low cut shirts, especially for women, are prone for allowing hot brass to fall in them, causing severe burns. Short sleeves are allowed, but not recommended.
- A brimmed hat, like a baseball-type cap, is mandatory for every student.
- A covering concealment garment, like a vest, sports jacket, or light weight coat is required for all concealed carry pistol courses.
- Leather belt, or nylon pistol belt which fits through the belt loops of the students pants. Fiber and light-weight dress belts are not designed to hold the weight of a pistol and holster and are unusable for our purposes.
- Hearing protection in the form of foam ear plugs or full-ear-coverage muff-type. Many prefer some type of electronic hearing protection, and they are highly recommended.
- Eye protection. Safety rated glasses are mandatory, and they must wrap around the side of the head to protect the entire eye socket.
- Holster designed for your specific pistol and caliber.
[Click here for our holster recommendations]
Students should come prepared to work in all forecast weather conditions.
- Sun screen/sun block
- Band aids
- Rain gear
- Extra water and snacks
- Bug spray
- Women with long hair should remember hair bands/ties
- Hand sanitizer
- Gloves [especially for courses teaching disarms]
- Pen/pencil and notebook
- Any needed medications