Level II Handgun builds on the techniques learned in Level I, with a focus on one-handed gun manipulation and increased difficulty in drills and scenarios.
We attempt to provide a Fortress staff member for every 2-
- Required student skill level: Completion of Fortress Level I Handgun
- Equipment required: Functional handgun, .380 caliber or larger. At least 3 magazines or speedloaders. Proper holster and magazine or speedloader carrier. Flashlight. Secondary/back-up gun, with proper holster. Folding knife.
- Ammunition requirements: 800-
rounds factory ammunition.
- Duration: Two full days
Teaching Points Include:
- Gun handling and range safety
- Equipment selection and carry, including options for secondary guns
- ‘Spear & Shield’ draw
- Position Sul and use in crowds
- One-handed and support-side shooting
- One-handed and support-side stoppage reduction and reloads.
- Shooting positions
- Cover and concealment
- One-handed shooting applied to hostage takers
- Increasing speed and accuracy
- Hitting moving targets
- Thinking in 3D
- Fighting with injury
- Improvised carry
- Transition to Secondary guns
We will travel to you and train your group on your personal range or at a range in your locality which meets our requirements. If range facilities allow, a night shoot will be scheduled, as well.
Contact us for scheduling and pricing.
Firearms and equipment can be provided for rent with advance notice.
Laws regarding handgun ownership and carry rights vary greatly from state-
“The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.” – Jeff Cooper