One of the most effective firearms for self defense is the shotgun; it is also one of the most misunderstood. There are many myths and half-
We attempt to provide a staff member for every 2-
- Required student skill level: Completion of the Fortress Level I Pistol Course, or equivalent pistol course.
- Equipment required: Functional DEFENSIVE shotgun with sling, pistol with proper holster, magazine or speedloader carrier for pistol.
- Ammunition requirements: 125-rounds of buckshot, 25-slugs
- Duration: One Day (a two-
day shotgun course is also available on request.)
Teaching Points Include:
- Gun handling and range safety
- Equipment selection and carry.
- Practical application philosophies of the shotgun for self defense.
- Zeroing for slugs
- Patterning buckshot
- Ammunition regulation
- Ammunition swap
- Magazine charging techniques
- Transition to handgun
- Shooting positions
We will travel to you and train your group on your personal range, or at a range in your locality which meets our requirements. If range facilities allow, a night shoot will be scheduled, as well.
Contact us for scheduling and pricing.
Firearms and equipment can be provided for rent with advance notice.
“A 99 percent shooter with a 1 percent brain will almost invariably be beaten in a gunfight by the 1 percent shooter who has a 99 percent brain. Since the dawn of mankind, humans have had to rely on their thinking prowess to survive. The firearm is merely the means to attain the end.” – Louis Awerbuck