This course builds upon the skills mastered in the Level I program and includes the addition of long-
- Required student skill level: Advanced defensive handgun, or current police re-
qualification certificate, urban rifle/shotgun. Must have completed (or be enrolled in) dignitary/executive protection training from a recognized public or private training organization.
- Equipment required: Functional handgun (.38/9mm or larger), at least three magazines/speed-
loaders, appropriate holster and magazine carrier, tactical flashlight. Approved rifle (plus three magazines) and shotgun; each with slings.
- Ammunition requirements: 300 rounds, factory handgun ammunition, 200 rounds rifle ammunition, 20 rounds shotgun slug, 40 rounds OO buckshot.
- Duration: One Day
Teaching Points Include:
- Gun handling and range safety
- Equipment selection and carry
- Continuum in the use of force
- Avoidance and disengagement techniques
- Unarmed response to AOP
handed shooting refresher
- Ambidextrous shooting
- Protection shooting positions/techniques
- AOP drills under fire