“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” -George Orwell
The past week has been a cyclone of mob-based insanity.
Here’s a few of the highlights.
– Mrs. Butterworth’s pancake syrup, established in 1961, not 1861, is rebranding because “offensive.”
By the way, commercial from 1979. It’s obviously racist!
The complaint appears to be that the bottle is clear, and thus causes “the Mrs” to be brown when filled with syrup. …and, so what?
– Eskimo Pie is changing its name because “offensive.”
– The Mayor of Duluth, MN, is pushing to have the word “Chief” removed from the police department, because “offensive.” Never mind its etymology is traced back to Latin and French. No! This is native specific and obviously racist!
– The stepmother of Officer Garrett Rolfe, of the Rayshard Brooks shooting, was fired from her job. The company has yet to explain why, but the rumors seem to be that they didn’t like her on-line defending of Garret’s actions.
– Hollywood once again shows us that if it wasn’t for double standards they’d have no standards at all. The City of Beverly Hills issued an order banning protests, demonstrations, or any attempt at setting up an “autonomous zone” like the CHAZ in Seattle.
– Nancy Pelosi ordered the removal from the Capital Building 4 paintings of former Speakers of the House who served the Confederacy during the Civil War. She failed to do so during the last 33 years of her occupation of an office the building, but this week it must have seemed like a great time to erase some more of HER PARTY’S RACIST HISTORY.
– The Chicago City Council voted to pull a large chunk of funding from the Chicago Police Department. The resolution passed contained this gem, “WHEREAS, policing was in part developed as a tool to preserve the institution of slavery in the 1700’s, focusing on chasing down runaway slaves and shutting down slave revolts, grew into a weapon to disrupt labor uprisings in the 1800s,and matured in the 1900s to be used as the single most effective tool in repressing the civil rights movement…”
I might agree with the last part, especially when applied to Democrat controlled cities and states, but when you dissect it from the beginning one has to ignore the fact that the first police force in the US was established in Boston in 1838, while slavery was abolished in Massachusetts in 1783. And, the Chicago PD was established in 1855, 10-years after slavery became completely banned in Illinois in 1845.
“The Chicago PD learned their craft chasing down runaway slaves! The present day 25% Hispanic, and 21% black Chicago police are racists! No funding for them!” That is the lie they want us to believe while they simply use the funding cut to cover up their own gross negligence with a city, county, and state that are teetering on bankruptcy.
– In a stunning display of virtue signal designed to keep the drive thru’s moving and the real-estate from being torched, (like Wendy’s was in Atlanta), Chick-fil-a CEO Dan Cathy got down on his knees and shined rapper Lecrae’s shoes. No, really. The dishrag got on his knees and shined a black man’s shoes in front of a crowd, because…well, that’s how stupid this entire idiocyfest has become.
He also made excuses for the looting and violence taking place across the nation by saying, “[His] plea would be for the white people, rather than point fingers at that kind of criminal effort, would be to see the level of frustration and exasperation and almost the sense of hopelessness that exists on some of those activists within the African American community.” I wonder if the mob lobbed some Molotovs into a few hundred Chick-fil-a’s if he’d continue to stand by that statement?
– For weeks the news has insinuated that there was a serial lyncher loose in California, that turned out to be completely false, but why would anyone in the media pass up an opportunity to throw gasoline on a fire? Even as the video of one of the suicides had been shown to the family and they issued a statement agreeing there was no foul play, the NYT was still playing mind games with the nation.
– Speaking of that electronic birdcage liner NY Time article from above, the “5 ropes hanging from a tree” BS they mention were actually homemade TRX ropes put there BY A BLACK MAN specifically for exercise…MONTHS AGO.
– The Outrage Squad forced the firing of a Hispanic San Diego Gas and Electric employee because he’s a “white supremacist. You see, he had his arm hanging out his window and made the unforgivable mistake of touching his index finger and thumb together. NO JOB FOR HIM!
And, there’s still a few hundred more of such stories out there to enjoy if you’re bored.
Meanwhile, we still have the violent insanity going on.
– In California, a pack of rioters tore down a statue of Ulysses S. Grant – ya know, the guy who defeated the South during the Civil War and was commander to 180,000 black soldiers during the conflict. Yeah, his wife owned slaves pre-war, but there’s no room for nuance with this mob. If you existed with white skin at any time in history, you’re evil!
Wait, did I say white skin? It appears to go further than that. I guess if anyone has had a statue erected of them, it’s fair game. Because also in California the American Taliban at large tore down a statue of Father Junipero Sierra. You can do your own research on him – suffice to say, the mob hasn’t a clue about who he was.
Then again, perhaps I’m wrong about all statues. After all, the monument to Karl Marx in Seattle has fared this storm without a scratch. Go figure.
– In Portland a statue of George Washington was destroyed, and the words “Damn white men” and “Defund white men” were spray painted on it.
– Christopher Columbus statues are being desecrated and vandalized all over the nation.
– In Klein, Texas, a man was beaten outside of a convenience store, specifically because he was white.
Not to mention the 1000’s of scrapes, fights, broken windows, vandalized cars, and general mood of hate and violence experienced daily in most metro areas of the nation.
Less anyone think I’m writing this up as some kind of justification of racism, or a race war, allow me to fill you in on a little something.
ANTIFA is being used to stir up hate and incite violence. Most people, even those out protesting right now, are not interested in torching police cars or destroying statues. Yes, there is an element involved that loves looting stores, but that’s a mob acting together to commit theft, not make a political statement or start a war. The toppled statues, car fires, instigation of looting, piles of bricks appearing, etc., are the same tactics leftists have always used. This isn’t a simple matter of “social justice” or “police reform”, this is a communist revolution! And they are using the mob to force it into fruition.
I’m not interested in attending any rallies or protests, even those whose side I’m on. But I will say this about the BLM protests that turn violent: In those crowds there sure are a lot of white kids dressed in black throwing the first bricks, punches, and rocks. That alone is bad enough, but, there are leftist politicians cheering it on and even issuing “stand down” orders to police during these riots. The stakes have been raised to incredible new levels, and it will be getting worse before it gets better.
The bottom line is this:
America has a bloody history – EVERY nation does. Yet, America set a foundation, through it’s Constitution and Bill of Rights, to grow past it. To mature, and create a nation where the state of liberty is always improving towards the principle that all men are created equal and endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights.
To allow communists and socialist to balkanize our nation and turn it into a cluster of starving Venezuelas only serves to declare every drop of blood spilled on our soil in the last 243 years as a waste! Too many have died fighting for the rights of all of us, don’t let their sacrifice be in vain.
Tuesday, November 3rd. Election day.
The alternative is national suicide.
“Mobs have passions, not brains.”
― The Fall of Hyperion